Republic Defenders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where space bums, dirt huggers, slackers and roleplayers of Star Wars Galaxies' FarStar server, unite!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space roleplay organizing idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Teimi
Council
Council
Teimi

Space roleplay organizing idea Empty
PostSubject: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Ok I know you're probably sick and tired of reading my long winded crackpot ideas by now, but when you have nothing to do but think about what you would like to be doing on SWG all day, you tend to start coming up with said crackpot ideas.

So here is the new idea. I got to thinking about how Pliwo said that he would come up with a way to organize us for space roleplay. I havn't seen any posts from him about it for a while so I guess he Probably got busy with other things and just hasn't gotten around to it yet. Either way I was bored put of my mind today and happened to come up with a decent space roleplay organization system. So here it is.

First off there will be no Admiral.(yes I know this sounds crazy)
instead the fleet will be run by squad leaders who discuss and determine together what should be done. However if these squadron leaders cannot decide as a whole what to do, then the choice will be left to the guild leader.

There are requirements to become a squadron leader:
First off, all squadron leaders are required to be in possesion of an operational gunboat.(this means the gunboat must have a reactor, an engine, a sheild generator, a capacitor, and at least 6 weapons)
Secondly, all squadron leaders must be approved by the main leaders of the guild.

Currently we will only have two squad leaders, the only two gunship owners in the guild at this time, myself and Maikel.

Squad leaders will determine the name of the squad they lead, the ranks of those who serve under them, and will assign squad member ID numbers.(example: Pirate 1, which is teimi)

Under each squad leader there will be no more than 7 pilots in the squad for a grand total of an 8 member squad. This number is based on the max number of players allowed in one group. It is also the ideal number of people to crew a gunboat.

There is one requirement to be in a squadron. You must be certified to pilot Hypermanuverable crafts(if you are a rebel aligned pilot) or to pilot Exotic Vessels( if you are a freelance pilot)

I will post who will be in what squad in my next post.

Pilots who are not certified to be in a squadron yet will be considered rookie pilots. Rookie pilots will be tutored on piloting by an assigned squad member who is not a squad leader( they will already have enough responsibility already)

However there is one requirement to be qualified to be assigned to a squad member as well. Rookie pilots must reach their third pilot trainer in order to qualify for being assigned a squad member to tutor them.

The tutoring squad member will want to go over what to look for in ship components, where to find decent ship components, how to program and use astromech droids and flight computers, how to use pilot tricks and astromech/flight computer comands, good places to gain experience, and any other little odds and ends they might be able to think of.( if you have questions about any of the things to go over with the rookies ask me, I know my way around piloting very well)

Rookie pilots should not be afraid to ask squad leaders for advice either, they are squad leaders because they know what they are doing. That's about all that I have so far please tell me what you think about this set up.

For Maikelore!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Teimi
Council
Council
Teimi

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:08 pm

Here are the squads so far. I have chosen who will serve under me and Maikel based on how well I have seen different members work with each of us in space and tried to team squad members up with the squad leader they seemed to work best with.

Pirate Squad:
Squad Leader: Teimi(Pirate 1)
Squad Members:
Kliff Edge(Pirate 2)

Maikel's Squad(name is only temporary until Maikel tells me what his squad name is):
Squad Leader: Maikel Drake
Squad Members:
Pliwo

I didn't include Granto in a squad yet simply because I don't know where he is yet as a pilot and haven't seen him work with me or Maikel in space yet either.

Also I forgot to mention this in the first post. Squad leaders will want to help their squad members finish the gunboat collection for their faction so that they can move up to being a squad leader themselves and free up room in their squad for new pilots who are becoming eligable to be placed into a squad.

I will update these lists and add new ones for new squads as the need arises. I want to have a record of who is in what squad.
Back to top Go down
Pliwo
Council
Council
Pliwo

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:47 am

Teimi wrote:
Currently we will only have two squad leaders, the only two gunship owners in the guild at this time, myself and Maikel.

Kliff has a gunboat aswell Teimi....
Back to top Go down
Pliwo
Council
Council
Pliwo

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 am

And I havent made any space ranks because im very ill RL, I have a virus or influenza so
Back to top Go down
Teimi
Council
Council
Teimi

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Oh I was not aware that Kliff was in possesion of a gunboat.

Unfortunately I have no idea about all the other members in the guild and their piloting skills so until I get more information about our current members and their piloting status, I'm going to have the current squadrons stand as they are.

No offence meant to you Kliff I just don't know if there are enough members in the guild yet to make a third squadron with you leading.

By the way Pliwo, I wasn't making a stab at you or your efficiency. When you say you are going to do something you usually do it in a timely manner. So I knew that there was a good reason for you not posting anything on this topic yet.

But anywho what do you think of the idea? do you think it will work?
Back to top Go down
Kliff Edge
Admin
Admin
Kliff Edge

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 am

I like the idea... We should atleast give it a go.
I don't care if I lead a squadron.

And no, I never said I had a Gunboat...

I said something to the effect of my guns on my 2400, are kick-ass. aside from that, no gunboat until I finish all the Imp-fighter tier collection.

On my YT-2400 I'm focusing on speed and protection, since my firepower is limited to 2 guns and I have about another 2.6 million in mass to use up. My Null-Bolt guns are maxed, though. about 3800-6200 (trying to remember) with a 0.22 refire rate - Not as powerful as Maikel's guns on his gunboat, but the re-fire makes up for it. I figure if I'm going to be moving fast, my guns need to be firing fast.

Engines are about 120 speed...not bad, but the manuverability (yaw, pitch, roll) is about 78 give or take..

Shields are only sitting at about 9000....they need to be re-made, and My armor is a joke...it's looted starfighter armor - If I lose shields, I'm gone. Driod interface, is about 9.2 -

I have missle packs and repair kits, so when I get everything I need - I'm all set for battle...and I can make more - if you need 'em just ask.
Back to top Go down
Pliwo
Council
Council
Pliwo

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:45 am

I dont know that much about space so thought 2400 would count as a gunboat aswell lol!
Back to top Go down
Kliff Edge
Admin
Admin
Kliff Edge

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:29 am

GODAMNIT I WISH!

A gunship capacitor would just be unnecessary...but the constant shield shunting would make you invincible...but if you had gunship shields you wouldn't need to.
Even badly made Gunship parts would be better than Maxed POB parts on a regular POB...

Who knows, maybe this next update will give us better engineering abilites to make cross-hybrid Gunship/POB parts...maybe even mod certain ships...like adding a 3rd gun to a YT-2400...I can dream, yes.

And correction - my Engine's speed is 132.0 (I'm looking to get it up to around 150 by the time the update comes out. But I want to keep my manuverability, or find better...)
my booster top speed is 50.8
Back to top Go down
Teimi
Council
Council
Teimi

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:35 am

Yeah Pliwo, YT-2400 is just a POB ship it can get confusing. But the gunboat can only be obtained by completing the space kill quotas. Simple mistake mate.

Glad y'all like the idea I figure I might as well do this since piloting seems to be my forte. Not to mention poor pliwo has got so many different things to do right now it's nice to take one thing off his plate especially when he is not feeling well.

Get well soon buddy!
Back to top Go down
Pliwo
Council
Council
Pliwo

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Teimi wrote:
Yeah Pliwo, YT-2400 is just a POB ship it can get confusing. But the gunboat can only be obtained by completing the space kill quotas. Simple mistake mate.

Glad y'all like the idea I figure I might as well do this since piloting seems to be my forte. Not to mention poor pliwo has got so many different things to do right now it's nice to take one thing off his plate especially when he is not feeling well.

Get well soon buddy!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space roleplay organizing idea   Space roleplay organizing idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space roleplay organizing idea
Page 1 of 1